Monday, August 13, 2012

Just Adorable

Danielle Hurley TruWings two tone costum angel wings

I was recently commissioned to make a pair of angel wings based on a specific character design. These were a little more tricky to create but at the same time very fun. In the process of making these wings I learned just how easy it is to dye turkey feathers (provided the color intended is pretty straight forward) 


Danielle Hurley TruWings two tone costum angel wingsDanielle Hurley TruWings two tone costum angel wings

En lien of this project I've decided that its about time I learned how to airbrush. Then I'll be able to create all sorts of fun designs and color palettes.

2 comments:

  1. this is completely off-topic for the first post listed, but i also saw your crow-wing based designs and i think it's actually spectacular that you're this painstaking and authentic in your artwork--i wonder what a wing shape based on that of a larger bird--like a hawk or falcon--would look like? i am writing about winged things right now so i have birds on the brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, thank you for the compliments and for also having a love for the details. I nearly had the opportunity to make a pair of hawk wings but the client backed out. Unfortunately I don't have the time to make wings on such a grand scale just for my own enjoyment. Lately I've been drifting more and more into fantasy designs. I start with what I see and learn the rules, then I'm able to bend and break them and still turn out a cohesive piece. (ie: believable proportions with fantastical structure and layout)

    ReplyDelete