Saturday, January 3, 2009

Senior Thesis

mock up layout

Winter Break is quickly coming to an end, and there's still so much left to do. My greatest concern is beginning construction on my senior thesis exhibit piece. I have chosen to create an installation piece in which I will, as my advisor suggested, “pull out all the stops.” The form of the piece is a pair of wings (20 ft span) that will hang in the skylight of the main exhibition room. It will be mixed media, mainly wood, acetate and sintra (PVC foam). As if this weren’t enough, I also intend to animate them so that they flap 3rpm.
Why wings? Because I’ve been fascinated by them for years. Additionally, The piece will also serve as a platform for The “Not For Sale” Campaign (men and women across the country united to fight the global slave trade). I am aiming to express the themes “Freedom” and “Hope” through this piece.

1 comment:

  1. I *wish* I hadn't seen this because I kind of wanted it to be a surprise! Still, I'm sure it will be a total blow-away IRL :-)

    ReplyDelete