Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sintra

Sintra with Acrylic

The order of Sintra (PVC foam) came in the other day and I’ve begun experimenting with it. The plan is to construct the feathers in two layers: one opaque layer of sintra and one translucent layer of acetate. Both will be painted with acrylics. Right now the acetate is still on its way, so I’ve been experimenting with getting a somewhat “feathery” look to the foam. I think I need to use a heavy-body medium for the base coat to get some more brush texture in there since scratching the surface is not creating quite as much texture as I would like. However, considering that the feathers will be back lit, I don’t think I’ll need to worry too much about the details on the sintra. The acetate is what will make the piece really shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment