Monday, January 11, 2010

Angel Wings Commission

Angel Wings Draft

Lately I’ve been spending most of my time working on a commissioned pair of angel wings. They are going to be a 10ft wingspan with an articulated frame. I’ve made a few modifications to my previous design for the Angel of Death costume and I’m convinced that this pair will be my best yet. The materials are more durable, realistic and, easier to work with.


Hand-Made Secondary Feathers

I’m off to a good start on the assembly of the hand-made feathers. In order to create wings of this size that are proportional and have an accurate arrangement of feathers, the primary feathers must be at least 30” long. Since, to my knowledge, no primary feathers of this length and style exist in nature, they must be made by hand. The addition of ostrich feathers should give the piece a richness that it was lacking before.

No comments:

Post a Comment